Also called: Cigar smoking, Cigarette smoking, Pipe smoking, Tobacco smoking.
There’s no way around it. Smoking is bad for your health. Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body. Cigarette smoking causes 87 percent of lung cancer deaths. It is also responsible for many other cancers and health problems. These include lung disease, heart and blood vessel disease, stroke and cataracts. Women who smoke have a greater chance of certain pregnancy problems or having a baby die from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Your smoke is also bad for other people – they breathe in your smoke secondhand and can get many of the same problems as smokers do.
Quitting smoking can reduce your risk of these problems. The earlier you quit, the greater the health benefit.
The Affects Of Smoking On Human Healths:
The effects of smoking on human health are serious and in many cases, deadly. There are approximately 4000 chemicals in cigarettes, hundreds of which are toxic. The ingredients in cigarettes affect everything from the internal functioning of organs to the efficiency of the body’s immune system. The effects of cigarette smoking are destructive and widespread.
Smoking Effects on the Human Body:
●Toxic ingredients in cigarette smoke travel throughout the body, causing damage in several different ways.
● Nicotine reaches the brain within 10 seconds after smoke is inhaled. It has been found in every part of the body and in breast milk.
● Carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin in red blood cells, preventing affected cells from carrying a full load of oxygen.
● Cancer-causing agents (carcinogens) in tobacco smoke damage important genes that control the growth of cells, causing them to grow abnormally or to reproduce too rapidly.
● The carcinogen benzo(a)pyrene binds to cells in the airways and major organs of smokers.
● Smoking affects the function of the immune system and may increase the risk for respiratory and other infections.
● There are several likely ways that cigarette smoke does its damage. One is oxidative stress that mutates DNA, promotes atherosclerosis, and leads to chronic lung injury. Oxidative stress is thought to be the general mechanism behind the aging process, contributing to the development of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and COPD.
● The body produces antioxidants to help repair damaged cells. Smokers have lower levels of antioxidants in their blood than do nonsmokers.
● Smoking is associated with higher levels of chronic inflammation, another damaging process that may result in oxidative stress.
The Health Risks Associated With Tobacco Use:
Statistics tell us that tobacco steals approximately seven precious lives every minute of every day of the year, world-wide. From heart disease and many forms of cancer to lung diseases that steal our ability to breathe, tobacco is a vicious killer in sheep’s clothing. An important step in the recovery process from nicotine addiction is to look closely at the damage smoking causes. As hard as that can be, it will help fuel your resolve to quit smoking, once and for all.
How To Quit Smoking:
Developing a Plan to Quit Smoking.
Success with any challenge is due in great part to the planning we put into the task ahead of time. This holds especially true for smoking cessation, where the more you understand and prepare for the difficulties, the better able you’ll be to maintain control and stay smoke-free.
The best smoking cessation aid on the planet is your own determination to stop. If you aren’t motivated and committed to kicking the habit, there isn’t a quit aid available that can help you. But if you are, any of them can work beautifully. Discuss the options with your doctor and choose the quit aid that best suits your needs.
Your chance for long-term success with smoking cessation will be increased many times over if you add some support to your quit program. From enlisting the help of family and friends to connecting with others online who are going through what you are, building a solid support network is key to helping you quit smoking permanently.
A portal for women which contain Beauty Tips in Urdu, Dress Designs, Fashion Tips, Mehndi Designs, Makeup Tips, Fashion Games and much more.